If your fridge’s temperature display is not constant and delivers unreliable readings, performing a reset could solve the problem. However, such issues including problems with the fridge delivering a reading can only be solved by pinpointing the cause of the problem first.
Inconsistent readings can signify a more serious problem which usually has to do with the thermostat. In some cases, it is rather simply. Probably a hot beverage or food was introduced into the fridge recently which would make it hard for the fridge to maintain a consistent temperature.
In most cases, allowing the food or beverage to cool down before putting it into the fridge could save you from condensation, mold issues and possibly high refrigerator repair costs.
You should first reset the Samsung Fridge temperature to see if it solves the problem before checking the thermostat.
How To Reset Samsung Fridge Temperature
Resetting the temperature of your Samsung fridge is an easy process. The steps below should guide you on how to do so.
- Go to the control panel or touch screen display. Depending on your Samsung refrigerator models, the settings should be inside the fridge or on the displays outside.
- Press the fridge button to display the current temperature. The actual temperature range is from 34 to 44 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Keep pressing the fridge button until you’re able to set your desired temperature. This is very easy but you should keep an eye on the settings. If the temperature is set at 35 degrees and you want to increase it to 39 degrees, tapping the button once will take the temperature up one degree (i.e. 36 degrees). You need to keep doing so until you arrive at your preferred setting.
Wait for about 24 hours, and check the fridge’s temperature on the display. If the fridge is in good working conditions, you should see the temperature you set the day before. However, if you notice that there is a different number, you might have to contact a professional or Samsung support.
Precautions to Take
Avoid opening the door of the fridge while you are waiting for the refrigerator to reach its new temperature setting.
Avoid storing dairy products, raw meat or perishable items that spoil easily in the door of the fridge. This is not the coldest part so the items will not get as cold as they need do. The coldest area of the fridge is the bottom shelf.
Due to the faulty setting of the fridge, if you had any perishable food that has been kept at temperatures above 40 degrees for longer than two hours, it is best to discard them to avoid illness.
On the Samsung Fridge, you can choose to set the temperature from a range of 34 degrees to 44 degrees. However, you should take note of the temperature required by the food you’re storing. Temperatures as low as 34 degrees is best ensure the safety of perishable items and dairy products, such as milk and raw meat. If you’re storing these items, the recommended temperature is 34-35 degrees.
How To Reset/Change A Samsung Freezer Temperature
Resetting a Samsung freezer temperature is just as easy as that of Samsung fridge. Follow the steps below to do that;
Step 1: Locate the control panel. Depending on your model of Samsung refrigerator, the control panel could be located inside the fridge or outside. If the model has the control panel inside, turn off the child lock feature before you start.
Step 2: Press the freezer button until you reach your preferred temperature setting. Keep in mind that on some, you will have to press and hold it for about 5 seconds to actually set and lock in the temperature you set it on. Take note that the freezer temperature moves from -8 degrees to -7, -6, -5 and so on until you get to 5 degrees and back again.
Troubleshooting the control panel after a blackout
If the Samsung fridge temperature setting is not working properly after a blackout, you can reset the control board to get it functioning properly again. To prevent this from happening in the future, ensure that you have your fridge plugged in properly. Read through the manual on how to set your refrigerator to prevent complications after a power outage.
To reset the control board, you can follow the steps below
- Before you can do anything you will have to check if the child lock is enabled. If so, then you would have to disable the feature. In some cases, disabling the child lock feature will fix any error present in the control panel. Once done, check the control panel to see if it is functioning properly.
- If the Control panel is still not working, then you would need to locate the reset switch which should be on the top right of the door. If you can’t find it, go through your user manual.
- Use that switch to turn off the display. Wait for a few seconds and after that, press the switch again for turning it on.
- If the reset is successful, you’ll see the Samsung logo on the screen.
- The Control board should start functioning properly
There are more ways to reset the fridge after a blackout. Keep in mind that the steps you follow would depend on the model of refrigerator you’re using. You can always check the user manual if you’re unsure of what to do.
If the steps above don’t get the fridge working as it should or you find that the 1E or SE error message is still displayed, you could try another type of reset.
Press and hold the Energy Save and Lightning buttons. This should perform a soft reset. If that doesn’t clear the error codes and get the fridge working normally, then you might have to perform a full reset. Simply, press and hold the fridge and freeze buttons for 10 seconds to fully reset the fridge and check back if it is working as it should.
This final step should get the fridge functioning properly. if it doesn’t, you might want to consider getting a professional to take a look at the refrigerator.