A Health-O-Meter is a great way to track your weight, and body fat, and keep a check on your fitness progress. If you’re using a Health-O-Meter digital scale that is factory-calibrated, you won’t have to worry much about the setup process or calibrate them on your own. However, you might want to change the settings to suit your own body standard.
To calibrate your Health-O-Meter, we have provided this handy guide to get you started.
How to Calibrate Health O Meter Scale
If you notice that your scale display an “E” on its screen, this means that you would have to calibrate the scale. It could also mean that the maximum weight of the scale has been exceeded. This could be 200lb or 100kgs. Follow the steps below to recalibrate your Health O Meter
- Step 1: Place the scale on a hard and flat floor. Avoid placing the scale on a soft platform like a carpet as this could lead to inaccurate results. A flat surface is stable and would provide the most accurate weighing results.
- Step 2: On the lower corner of the scale, you will find the options for kg and lbs. Using the switch on the backside, set the scale to either kg or lbs.
- Step 3: When done, the display will show you several options. From there, select to calibrate the scale. After that, the scale will start the zeroing process and will calculate the zero value. Eventually, the scale will show 0.0.
- Step 4: When the scale is set to zero the display will ask you to select a calibrating weight. Depending on the model and type of scale, the minimum and maximum could be the standard digits or something else. You can check your manual to confirm the maximum and minimum calibrating weight.
- Step 5: After setting the weight, the scale will display “calibrating” on your display. When the process is completed, your scale is fully calibrated.
How to Use the Health O Meter Scale
The Health O Meter is designed to be convenient and easy to use. All you need to do is follow the steps below to get started.
- Choose pounds (LB) or Kilograms (KG) using the selector switch found on the back of the scale.
- Place the scale on a flat surface. Avoid placing the scale on any support or on a soft rug as this might affect the weighing accuracy. A hard surface is the best for ensuring maximum accuracy.
- Before you start weighing, tap on the lower corner of the scale. The scale will calibrate and display “- – -“, then “0.0” and either “LB” or “KG”.
- After that, step on the scale and position your feet in a way that distributes your weight evenly over the entire scale platform. The LCD display will flash “- – -“, several times for a few seconds before displaying your weight. You can stand still while reading the display.
- Keep standing on the scale after your weight has been displayed for a few seconds and then turn off automatically. You can also step off the scale right after your weight is displayed.
- If “E” is displayed, it means that the scale was not calibrated properly or that the weight exceeded 350LB (159KG) maximum weight load.
Troubleshooting a Health O Meter Weight Scale
Scale Shows Inconsistent Weight
Your Health O Meter scale showing inconsistent weight could be due to several reasons. You can follow these steps to get the scale functioning properly again.
- Step 1: Ensure that the scale is placed on a flat, even surface. Avoid placing the scale on a rug as this could cause accuracy problems
- Step 2: Tap the lower-right corner of teh scale three times as fast as possible. When done, this could display dashes or hyphens across the screen. You would need to recalibrate the screen from here.
- Step 3: Turn the scale on. When you do that, you will see the word “START” flashing across the display screen. Press “ZERO” then “UNITS” followed by “ZERO” again. You will have to press the send button. The digital scale is designed to scale up to 300 pounds. You would have to restart the process if you make your mistake.
Display Flashes “Lo” and Shuts Off
- Step 1: Locate the battery cover on the back of the digital scale. When done, press the locking tab to release it, and then lift the cover to remove it, which should expose the battery.
- Step 2: You will need pointy object just like a pen, a flat screwdriver, or anything similar to loosen the batteries so that you can remove them. To get the batteries out completely, hold the scale at an angle.
- Step 3: You will need to replace the batteries. Place the new batteries in the battery compartment and ensure that they’re in the right orientation. Use the plus and minus sign indicator on the compartment to align the batteries in the right order. Replace the battery cover and turn the scale on.
Caring for the Health O Meter Scale
The Health O Meter should last you through several years of use, however, that only if you use it the right way. Keep in mind that your weight will vary during the day and from one day to another. This is totally normal, especially you only notice slight changes.
The Health O meter won’t need much maintenance, however, following the tips below could ensure that the device continues functioning properly.
To ensure that the Health O Meter maintains its performance, you should periodically wipe the scale surface down with a DRY cloth. This should remove any dirt that could cause functional issues later on.
The scale is calibrated to measure a maximum capacity of 350LB/159KG. Exceeding the maximum capacity could damage the scale. Keep in mind that the scale is designed for personal use only and might not work best for commercial/industrial use.
Avoid standing on the surface of the scale with wet feet. The scale is not waterproof so contact with excessive moisture will damage it.